FileMaker's View Menu
Someone named Alison posted a video on the Free FileMaker Example List recently, a list usually reserved for linking to, well, Free FileMaker Example Files. I shared it, nevertheless, because I liked the content. It seems Alison started a YouTube channel called "FileMaker For You" recently, aimed at helping FileMaker beginners.
This is a good thing, and you should share it with any aspiring FileMaker developers you know. Here is the video she shared on the list:
Alison's channel has quite a few videos and she posts twice a week and the videos are well thought out and well made – check it out when you have some time.
Missing from Your Job Description
Seth Godin is a great resource of business insight, something he shares on a daily basis. This post concerns some things you can bring to your job to make yourself more valuable to your employer. Here's some:
- Add energy to every conversation
- Ask why
- Find obsolete things on your task list and remove them
- Treat customers better than they expect
- Offer to help co-workers before they ask
- Feed the plants
- Leave things more organized than you found them
- Invent a moment of silliness
- Highlight good work from your peers
- Find other great employees to join the team
The rest of the list is worth the read and is available here: Seth's Blog: Missing from your job description
Failure is not the worst thing in the world, The very worst is not to try.