bBox FileMaker external plug-in is a toolbox of functions freely available to all developers. Use it to extend the reach of your Mac OS X-based FileMaker solutions to programs, code libraries, or OS X functions that are normally outside your reach.
Consisting of more than 22 powerful functions, bBox extends the reach of FileMaker’s existing commands, and adds completely new functionality. This makes it easier to get your projects done, and without the need for ugly workarounds to provide functionality that should be simple...
- run Perl, PHP, AppleScript, shell, Python and Ruby scripts
- extract email or phone numbers from text
- check if a file is present
- parse XML with XPath based queries
- strip duplicate values from a return-delimited list
There's lot's more at the link. It's another great tool for your developer tool box.