Have you ever wanted to make live updating progress bars in FileMaker but didn’t know how?
Here’s a fairly reasonably short 21 minute video on making progress bars in FileMaker from FM Tutorials:
FileMaker 15 has some interesting behavior changes that didn’t get much press:
- Open Remote no longer shows IP address(es) of hosts. The Bonjour local host is now the default to local hosts, but you can still hard code an IP address.
- Value lists displayed in pop-up menus, same a drop down lists.
- Simpler software updates: download and install the update from within FileMaker.
- Convert File [ ] Script Step now defaults to “All Available”. This is a nice features, since most of the time one is converting from something other than FileMaker.
- Folder expand/collapse state for Script-based dialogs. This is now a locally stored flag, so changing it on a shared file no longer affects all of the other users on the network.
- Get(LastODBCError) is now called Get(LastExternalErrorDetail). In some instances, this will return more detailed error messages. Death to the “?” error response!
- Mouse scroll wheel on Windows OS does not scroll records any more, just the layout or an object.
Michael Rocharde on overcoming the resistance to change, all in only a minute and a half:
Rumor has it that one model folds in half, and another model that has a 5-inch display that “unfurls” into a tablet-sized 8-inch panel:
Surprisingly inspiring video: Jim Carrey – Risk being Seen In All Of Your Glory
“You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.”
LikeThanks! You've already liked this