Douglas Alder updates his reliable backup script with the new FileMaker 17 'Create Directories' command. I appreciate his comment that it only took 17 versions to get around to including a 'Create Directory' command...FileMaker should include a complete set of commands for dealing with the operating system. It just makes sense in this day and age. Should you need that set of commands now, check out the free BaseElements plugin or the Monkeybread plugin, which is not free but has literally thousands of useful functions for your developing pleasure.
Alder also includes a handy Free FileMaker Example File at the link to save you the trouble of writing you own.
FileMaker 17 introduces a useful new feature called “Create Directories” when creating files. This works with saving a copy or clone of the database, as well as exporting PDFs or text…
10 Common Mistakes That Prevent You From Being Happy and Healthy Today, Backed by Science
It's been a while since I posted any of James Clear's work, not because he hasn't been posting a lot of valuable advice, but just because. Who knows why.
Anyway, a recent article by James Clear resonates with my personal experience and other reading I've done.
Here's the list Clear put together (you'll have to follow the link below to get the details):
- Avoiding deep and meaningful connections (like marriage, close friendships, and staying in touch with family)
- Sitting all day (I'm a developer so...guilty!)
- Never stopping to just breathe
- Not joining a religion — or otherwise becoming part of a community (I got you guys!)
- Ignoring your creative abilities
- Spending all day indoors (Guilty again)
- Spending your time consuming instead of contributing
- Working in a job that you don't love
- Eating alone (Three strikes – I'm out!)
- Believing that you are unworthy of health, happiness, and love
All the rest I've got covered, and I do exercise frequently and effectively, so I hope that will somewhat offset sittings all days indoors. I did read an recent article that made that claim, but what with scientists playing games with sample sizes and confidence levels, I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
That's all for today!
Discipline is about choosing what you want now and what you want most.
― Augusta F. Kantra