Interview: HOnza Koudelka of 24U Software
I visited with HOnza Koudelka of 24U software at FileMaker DevCon 2018 and was impressed by the variety of offerings on display at his booth. I’ve been trying to interview HOnza for years, and finally got HOnza to sit down for an interview!
HOnza and his partner have built an impressive business over the past 18 years, and you’ll find he has something of interest for any FileMaker developer or user.
Getting Started with FileMaker
HOnza started working with FileMaker with version 1.2 way back in 1990 or so. And he and a buddy started 24U Software – pronounced, by the way, as “Two for You Software”. He used FileMaker to help his Mom run her business.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this interview:
- 24U now has 60 employees
- They have three different divisions
- Computer hardware sales and support
- Custom Software development – HOnza’s area of responsibility – with four teams
- FileMaker Software
- Software coding including plugins, native coding (Windows, Arduino, Mac, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Web development
- Software testing employees onsite with banks and some other industries
- Integrating software with hardware
- Their vertical hardware/software integration to help poor farmers in Malawi (this is an impressive demo)
- A way to automate vegetable growth anywhere, local or even on Mars, with FileMaker controlling various hardware like pumps, sensors, etc.
- Learn about automatically about making a FileMaker Go App into a native iOS App using XGode
- It’s a web based interface, very easy to use
- It’s very cheap – only $10 per use or you can sign up for unlimited builds per month (I hope to use this soon)
- FileMaker solutions speed optimization
- There’s more, including some demonstrations online
Thanks for joining us and tune in later for more interviews!
Success doesn’t just happen. It is a product of hard work, grit and ingenuity.