Tableau and FileMaker
Luke Rochester's presentation at DevCon 2017 shows how to build a dashboard in FileMaker using Tableau - in under 10 minutes!
Sounds great, but what is Tableau?
According to Wikipedia, Tableau Software is a software company headquartered in Seattle, Washington, United States which produces interactive data visualization products focused on business intelligence. Not very helpful.
From the Tableau website: Tableau helps people transform data into actionable insights. Explore with limitless visual analytics. Build dashboards and perform ad hoc analyses in just a few clicks. Share your work with anyone and make an impact on your business. From global enterprises to early-stage startups and small businesses, people everywhere use Tableau to see and understand their data. Not much better...
How about this: It's a powerful tool that helps visualize data in new ways.
I need a Tableau presentation to show me what Tableau is. Just kidding...
Rochester shows how to use the free version of Tableau to build very powerful FileMaker based Dashboards, resulting in new ways for your clients to see their data. Which makes those dashboards valuable to your client.
What you'll see in this video:
- How to connect FileMaker to Tableau
- Learn Tableau's terminology (Dimensions (think FileMaker text fields), Elements (number fields), Measures, and more)
- Basic Tableau usage
- Interdependent Charting (changes in one chart effect others)
- Story boarding (very powerful feature)
- How to build a dashboard in less than 10 minutes
- The Business Intelligence Stack compared to FileMaker with Tableau
- How Tableau makes it possible to do What If analysis on the fly
So take an hour plus and expand your horizons by integrating Tableau and FileMaker. It is worth your time:
A satisfied customer is the best business strategy of all.